Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Jobs

We are only four weeks into summer, but I am already feeling a little stir-crazy.  It may be because we live in AZ and instead of being able to play outside for the summertime, we have to play inside.  I love having Nathan home with us, but I have had to be creative to find things to do.  I always begin summer with these great ideas of things I am going to accomplish with the kids, too.  I want them to be concert pianists, readers, and caligraphers by the time summer is over (ha, ha).  Some things work, and some don't, and we learn as we go.

One thing that I have come across is a great, free, online job chart.  It is called http://www.myjobchart.com/.  I heard about it last summer, but I think the kids were too young to really use it.  However, this year, it is a huge hit! The kids just get on in the morning and they mark off their jobs. The thing I like about it is that I can put point values for different jobs so they know they have to EARN movies, TV time, video game time, computer time, etc., etc.  Then I don't have them begging to watch movies all the time.  They have been practicing piano, cleaning their rooms, doing laundry, and dishes without much fuss at all.  We'll see if they keep it up!  Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment