Friday, September 2, 2011

Recipe run-down

I've been meaning to gather these links up for a while now, but I'm just barely getting to it.  I've found some great recipes in the last few months and thought I would share!
(I'm just linking to them, sorry.)

First, a recipe for Cafe Rio's Pork Salad. We tried this several months ago and really liked it.  The post also has a link to the salad dressing recipe, which is practically the most important part.  The pork was a little time-consuming, but worth it?? You decide.

Second, Reese's Cheesecake Brownies.  Just made these last week and WOW.  That's what pretty much everyone said about them.  I modified the recipe a little bit - I halved the cheesecake part (probably wouldn't do that again), and I cut down on the Reese's pieces quite a bit (I think I would just take them out, although some people really like them).  Also, the chocolate chip/whipping cream mixture turned out a little weird, both times I tried it.  I don't know why.  Bottom line - awesome recipe, I'll be making it again.  Probably many times.

Third, some Key Lime Cheesecake bars.  I made a plain graham cracker crust, since I didn't have the ingredients for his crust, but I'd like to try his sometime.  I also used less lime juice & zest than the recipe called for, and my husband still thought it was a little too tangy.  I thought it was fine.

I had a couple more - as soon as I remember I will add them here.  Check back!

1 comment:

  1. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! LOVE THESE RECIPES!!!

    And I wouldn't have changed a thing about either brownie or cheesecake recipe. Perfect sweetness, perfect tang, perfect perfect P.E.R.F.E.C.T.

    Did I mention they were perfect?

    ReplyDelete