Saturday, October 15, 2011

TRUTH


Dear Family,

I have an incredible opportunity to go speak at an APS (American Physics Society) Conference this coming week in Oregon. I have been a part of a group studying how people learn Physics, different techniques used to help students learn and the importance of natural ability.

However, I really haven't done that much. I don't really understand what is going on! I was not a part of the group when the majority of the data was collected, and for some reason, the data I have collected doesn't match the rest of the years. I only vaguely know the idea behind the research.

I have not been worried though and I kept wondering why. I am going to be among some of the greatest Physicists in the country and I have nothing to say! Why am I not intimidated?

Then, it came to me all at once. They may be able to understand the Theory of Relativity and Quantum Physics better than me, but I have the knowledge of the gospel and with that, the companion of someone who knows more than any human that is walking the earth. Once in Sacrament Meeting approximately two years ago, a young man said in church, "The Holy Ghost knows Calculus."

This one sentence has helped me through a lot of different situations. How lucky I am! I also heard from Sister Dalton a story this week about some young women in Africa who, when asked what challenges they faced, replied, "Of course we have challenges here in Africa, but, we have the gospel of Jesus Christ." Let's not take this blessing we have for granted. :)

Ki

P.S. I will be more prepared before I leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment