Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hypnobirthing

I have been studying about hypnobirthing. Angie has asked me to be her labor coach (doula) during her "birthing time." I am fascinated by the notion that you can actually anesthetize yourself using the power of your willl. It just takes the "mind over matter" principle to the max. I have studied the manuals and am learning the cues, words and other parts of the hypno birthing plan and have found them to be fascinating. I am excited to put it all together and help Angie have a wonderful birthing experience. If you know of anyone who has used this program, I would surely like to hear your thoughts, suggestions, helps, anyone???

My mom always told me that giving birth was like going to hell and back.

I have found just the opposite to be true. I have visited heaven and found those visits most sweet. Not all visits do you get to come home with a prize, but there is an element of sweetness in even with the pain, just being near heaven, the place of life.

And when Angie and I work to bring her new little one home, we will definitely be looking for angels.

-MOM

1 comment:

  1. My neighbor has done it on her first and is pregnant and preparing to do it on her second. I will get information from her if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete