Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby Quilts

I am going to try a new baby quilt this week.  I love the soft and silky, but am going to add a new twist.  Maybe I could call them "sweet expressions" or something.  I want to quilt a sweet phrase or poem or something inspirational or funny in the middle of the silky side.  I have found some great quotes and thoughts on the "fabulousness" of a new baby.  I will pick my favorite so far and quilt it into the blanket and see how it looks.  I have some really great fabric, too.  I have this one with really cute dinosaurs and I thought maybe I could even do something silly like:  Dinos are scary, dinos are big, you don't scare me, my daddy works a rig!  Actually, I had something more clever than that, but I can't remember what it was.  Living in "oil country", I may be able to sell something like that around here, as the oil rig workers really have the last laugh.  If you have any "expression" you think might work, PLEASE share.  I will post a picture when I get one done.  If I can remember how to do that.  Ah, technology!  I wish it came a little faster, and stuck a little longer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment