Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day meals

Dad and I were talking this morning about the green stuff Mom used to make for us on St. Patrick's Day.  I vividly remember green pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and green milk that (naturally) I was not too excited to drink.

Now my husband LOVES corned beef and cabbage, so we have that for dinner every year.  I like it too, in small quantities.  One year I tried to make some Irish soda bread that ended up hardening and getting thrown away....

Does anyone have favorite St. Patty's Day meals?  That kids actually like to eat?
I'll tell you what, just thinking about that green milk still makes me feel a little funny.

-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. On St. Patricks' day I learned that Hannah thought it was a leprechaun that colored the milk each year. I told her that it was actually me. I hope that didn't crush her. :) They always love that and green pancakes. Fun.

    ReplyDelete