Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Menus. How we (don't) love them.

Mom: I never know how many people will be there for any meal.  Plus, I don't like anyone telling me what I have to cook for dinner!  Even if it is just a menu.

One: I don't have money by the end of the month for what I WANT to cook.

Three: Life is never the same for long enough for me to plan ahead!  We throw last-minute parties, join parents for dinner, etc.

Fourplus (who actually does follow a menu) says: I plan a month's worth of meals and do my shopping 2 weeks at a time.  I follow it unless I don't feel like what's on the menu.  I think it saves money..... unless I forget to get everything on my list!

Five: My husband likes to cook, and he likes to eat what he wants to eat.  I hate to cook beforehand, because I never know what he will feel like eating.

Do you use menus?  Do they work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment