Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's a Small World

I cancelled Dish and went to Netflix because football season was over and we hardly ever watch TV anymore.  Besides, daily news is quite depressing.  I read the paper, but a photo or two doesn't tell much of a story. Last night I pulled up a few videos on youtube of the tsunami.  I watched with horror and awe the power of Mother Nature sweeping the earth, and it reminded me very keenly of my own nothingness.  I watched as a vehicle sped down a street, the wave behind, only to see it stop in the middle of the road, as the wave came crashing in front of them with nowhere to go. Haunting visions.  
And those that are left?  No homes, no food, no family, no job, possibly radiation damage, and the formidable task of putting it all back together. Where would you even begin?  How do you not lose hope and wish that you were taken as well?  I find myself wondering about my preparations.  I have some food stored, a safe place to go, a basement in case there's a tornado, stuff like that.  
But none of these will matter at all if I am the one "swept away".  Am I ready to meet my Maker?  What have I become?  Do I possess that charity I should?  Sadly, no.  My hope is that I will have many more years to work to soften my heart, put off my 'natural man" and be prepared to meet my Savior.  Today's a good day to start anew.  I have wanted to send a few notes and make a few phone calls. Maybe even before I finish the dishes, because once I start on that,  the rest of the day is TOAST!  Have a great day.  I love you all!  Thanks, little Kate for calling me yesterday.  I love you, too!
- Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment